Licence to perform dogging
This course covers the requirements to perform slinging techniques, including the selection and inspection of lifting gear and/or the directing of the crane operator in the movement of the load when the load is out of view of the crane / operator for licensing purposes.
This unit covers the scope of work to demonstrate competency in the application of slinging techniques, selection and inspection of lifting gear and/or the directing of the crane/ operator in the movement of the load.
Please note for this course a WorkSafe licence fee applies. This fee is collected by WorkSafe to issue your High Risk Work Licence (DG Class). The application form is completed on the day and CERT submits this directly to WorkSafe on your behalf – meaning you just have to complete the course and then wait for your permit to arrive in the mail. The application fee is $100.00 for a new licence or $78.50 to add a class to an existing licence.
Upon successful completion of all assessments, students will receive:
- CPCCLDG3001A – Licence to perform dogging
- High Risk Work Licence from WorkSafe WA
Participants may wish to expand their knowledge and skills in the construction industry by enrolling into other High Risk Work courses.
The following topics are covered within this course:
- Planing a job
- Hazard identification, risk controls and appropraite PPE
- Inspecting and selecting lifting equipment
- Appropriate communication methods and equipment
- Performing a task using lifting equipment
- Shut down and clean up work area and equipment
Including Language Literacy and Numeracy (LL&N):
- Read and understand work safety signs and symbols
- Read and understand workplace policies and procedures and manufacturer's instructions
- Communicate identified hazards and necessary instructions
- Calculations for estimation and measurement of loads
* Participants must be 18 years or older
The following assessment methods are used within this course:
- Theory assessment
- Practical demonstration
- This course is facilitated via a face to face workshop
- Five day workshop
- Cost: Welshpool $865, Bunbury $990*, Port Hedland $1,299
- *Please note, the price listed for Bunbury Training Centre is inclusive of the relevant Worksafe licence fee